HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 3

From:
Brian White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 16:22:31 -0500
Jim Keohane wrote:

>    I'm writing C code calling TurboImage API. I'd like to transparently
> determine if database is TPI-enabled and, if so, whether it is OmniDex
> or SuperDex (or other?). This is for HP/MPE-iX 5.0 and 5.5. I assume
> there's some API function that returns such information but I must be
> skipping over it.
>   Also would appreciate any advice on gotcha's that others have run into
> when doing similar nasties. Thanks muchly! - Jim

DBINFO mode 801 answers your first question.

The buffer area that is returned has the following layout:

Words  1-20 Product Name (For Superdex, the first 4 words contain
             "SUPERDEX"
      21-25 Version Number
      26-27 Date of current installation on the database,
             CALENDAR intrinsic format.
      28-29 Time of current installation on the database,
             CLOCK intrinsic format.

If no TPI is enabled, blanks are returned in the buffer.

No gotchas that I know of.
--

Brian J. White

"Giving power and money to the government is like giving whiskey and
  car keys to a teenager."