HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 3

From:
Ross Scroggs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ross Scroggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 05:20:08 PST

> Is there a way to get ANY command entered on the system console (and it's
> output) into the system logs?  We would like to stop doing paper logging of
> everything on the console, but occassionally need the information.

<Plug>
We've got a hardware/software solution that does what you want. The
hardware taps the line between the console terminal and ldev 20, buffers
the data and feeds it to another port that is being read by the software.
The software logs the data to a disc file (not the system log), it
optionally writes it to a msg file so you can scan it on the fly, it also
does pattern matching on the data to watch for specific events.

Contact us for further details.
</Plug>

Ross Scroggs                         email: [log in to unmask]
Telamon, Inc.                          CIS: 76011,2234
492 Ninth Street, Suite 310          voice: 510-987-7700
Oakland, CA 94607-4098                 fax: 510-987-7009