HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 3

From:
Greg Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 16:30:13 +1000
We are looking at replacing our old DDS tape drive with a faster one.
At this stage, it was looking like being replaced with a DDS-2 drive
rather than DLT - our system just isn't big enough to justify the
extra cost of the DLT drive as well as having to buy Orbit's backup
software.

Anyway, last week I read that HP is releasing new DDS-3 tape drives,
claiming significantly faster data transfer rates.  I was wondering
if anyone has heard anything about them - good, bad or other?  If
no bad reviews, then I will hold off ordering a DDS-2 drive until the
DDS-3 drives are available - who knows when that will be in Australia
:-(

Greg Chaplin
UniSuper
Level 28, 367 Collins St,      Email: [log in to unmask]
Melbourne 3000,                 Phone: +61 3 9648 4145
Australia.                             Fax: +61 3 9648 4141