HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 3

Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 1996 19:39:06 -0500
Gentle HP 3000 Listers,

A few weeks ago, I received in the mail the latest issue of the SIGIMAGE
Newsletter.  I want to congratulate Alfredo on an editing job well done, and
thank him for all his efforts in compiling and readying the issues for mass
distribution.  Alfredo, you make it look so easy!

I would have expected at least a few comments about the vote on the
enhancement requests, at least from some folks on this list.  If I have
missed the comments, then please accept my apologies.

I have received several private requests for information on ODBC access and
Win 95/NT stuff.  Since some of you are offended by these issues, I have kept
them very quiet.  However, a gentleman from Scandinavia sent me a message
last week (or the week before) and I accidentally purged the message before I
could reply.  This message was about Win 95 needing  RNNSVT.DLL to access an
HP 3000.  Would the gentleman in question please e-mail me again and I will
answer properly.  Please reply directly to me and not to the list, we do not
want to offend anyone.

Incidentally, I just acquired an Adaptec SlimSCSI card for my notebook.  I
have put together a SCSI data tank and a 2gb IBM SCSI disc drive.  I can
attach this disc drive to my notebook and I have 2 gb of removable extra
storage.  I can also daisy-chain a SCSI CD-ROM to the data tank and access
the CD-ROM from my notebook.  Further, I installed a SCSI card in my desktop
and this way I can connect my data tank to my desktop when I am in the office
and take my data tank with me when I travel and access it from my notebook.
 Something like a user volume for Windows 95.

If only I could do that with my HP 3000 (sigh!).

Kind regards,

Denys. . .