HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 3

From:
Ron Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 09:19:59 EDT
Richard Gambrell said:

> The discussion of configuring a new disc drive as 100% permanent seems to
> assume that MPE/iX will crash when it runs out of disc on the system volume.
> Is this true?

We recently had a rogue process (COBOL/VPlus program creating
a gigantic stack dump) fill up all available transient space on
the system volume.  MPE/iX simply shuts all queues and puts
all incoming jobs in a WAIT state.  A little hair-raising on
a busy system, but pretty easy to deal with when you know what's
happening.

Ron Burnett
Royal Children's Hospital