HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 3

From:
Mark Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 11:54:55 PDT
Michael Anderson writes about GCC and Intrinsics:

>We found that calling MPE Intrinsics was a very painful experience. I think
>my UNIX connoisseur had to write some assembly code.  So HP's C/iX maybe the
>solution, however I haven't received my C/iX from HP yet.

I've been supplying some canned gcc code to facilitate calling the
calling of intrinsics. The main issue is long pointers and one of the
routines I've provided will return that information. If you're not
directly using intrinsics but plan on using either the MPE LIBC or the
POSIX /lib/libc.a, then this is not an issue. If you are interested in
calling intrinsics, then check the archives on hp3000-l for my earlier
posts that showed an example of calling them and included the 'glue'
required.

Regards,

M.