HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 3

From:
"Davidson, Brian" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Davidson, Brian
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 10:53:00 -0500
>Steve Patterson wrote on November 20, 1996 9:10AM:

><snip>
> - Has anyone added Newport Digital memory to their 927 or similar box, and
>if so, have you experienced any problems?  The price seems "too good to be
>true";
><snip>

I added 128 MB of Newport Digital into a 937 6 months ago.  I had 96 MB of
HP memory and 32 MB of Kingston memory in it.  I installed the new 128 MB
myself with no problems.  No problems since installation.  No configuration
changes required.  It solved my memory bottleneck that GLANCE was showing
that I had.

I also have been curious able the real-world memory limitations of 9x7
boxes.  I have heard that others have added more memory than HP
'recommends'.

Regards,

Brian Davidson
U.S. Army Contracting Support Agency