HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 2

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 10:57:51 -0500
Gary Jackson wrote:

> I upgraded to 5.5 yesterday and now I ocasionally get the following
> message on the console:
>
> 5:05/44 The last name component of the pathname does not exist in the
> directory. HP Directory message 1
>
> Anyone know what causes this?

Welcome to 5.5 :-)  This message is generated whenever a spool file is
closed due to some quirk introduced in the spooler for network printing
support prior to the final beta.  It is a "non-error" in terms of
nothing is really wrong, the error should be suppressed by a higher
layer routine, but somewhere it's slipping through.  It is only a
nuisance, and as such apparently hasn't attracted much lab attention (as
far as I know; but they may have somebody on it now).

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>