HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 1

From:
"Geiser, Joe" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Geiser, Joe
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 10:00:53 -0500
Claudio,

Information Access was indeed discontinued, however
will be supported through 1998 per HP.

Replacements suggested by HP are Cognos Impromptu,
Crystal Reports and MS Access - all of which require
ODBC drivers.  There is no "direct" replacement - meaning
one that is imbedded into MPE like Info Access was.

You can continue to use Info Access through the support
period (and beyond), but you should start making plans
to migrate.  We are going to Cognos Impromptu ourselves.

Best of Luck
Joe Geiser