HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 1

Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 13:33:20 -0600
Unfortunately I have to second the abandonment notion.  I am getting
extreme pressure from above to abandon the 3k in favor of NT and
SQL Server.  I have been able to keep the wolves at bay by dangling
the 32 bit ODBC carrot in front of their faces.  As the carrot moves
farther our of their field of vision the migration pressures increase.

I guess Microsoft no longer has to do the delivery slip two-step alone!

Brian (fighting to retain a superior product in the face of adversity
from it's creator) Rosenow
Information Officer
UAB School of Optometry
(205) 934-2822 - Voice