HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 1

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 01:07:44 -0500
Glenn Cole wrote:

> Well, at least this explains why I was missing the wisdom of The List
> for the past couple days. (Was this a feature of auto-time-change
> under Windows/NT? They must not have a ";GRADUAL" parm. ;)
>
>    Subject:  HP3000-L Digest - 27 Oct 2014 to 28 Oct 2014
>    Subject:  HP3000-L Digest - 28 Oct 2014 to 30 Oct 1996

We're still discovering the "wonders" of Win/NT :-) although the fact
that raven is running a beta of Listserv is also relevant.  Listserv
has been "weird" with digests a few nights this past week (digests go
out at midnight) and crashed the server a few times.  We had been
rebooting the machine, and a quirk with a Win/NT time sync utility and
the Listserv start-up timing injected a few "2014" dates (which may, in
turn, have hosed the digests; chicken-and-egg issue there).  Bear with
us as we adjust to the "new, improved" world of NT.  Today's
constipation of list postings to certain target domains was yet another
example.

Of relevance to the list (somewhat)... the move to raven saved us lots
of money, brought some new bells and whistles (web interface to
archive), but cost us considerable staff time babysitting and resolving
these quirks that continue to surface.  Hopefully they will settle over
time and we can write off much of this to NT inexperience, but for now,
we're just doing the best we can.  Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>