HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 1

From:
Alan AMBERS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan AMBERS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 16:13:00 -0400
C0958400.txt (51 lines)
On October 10, Larry Byler answered my problem about a serial (non-hp)
printer attached to a dialup modem that was hanging up after one spool
file was sent to the printer.  We WERE using printer type 18 with no
seperate TT file.  To bring everyone up to speed, Larry suggested that we
change the setting in the TT file that is called:

Wait time for FOPEN before disconnect (0...90 seconds or 99, 99=infinite)

our setting was blank under TT18.

Our system manager went and tried to make this change, to a copy of TT18
(since this is what we use for these printers), but we get the message:

"This option is not configurable for non-printer termtypes.  "

We have been thru many different options, but I can boil this down to a
few discreet questions.

1) Where in TTUTIL, do you say that this is a printer TT file?  We need to
use TT18 (or copy from it) since we are not using an HP printer.

2) We tried copying from TT22 and TRIED to turn off status checking, but
we could only set Status checking efficiency.  Again, is there some place
that we can set status checking off and Wait time for FOPEN to 99.

I did set up a line analyzer and saw the status check and went so far as
dragging a 2564B down the hall to see that it would work (which it did),
but that does not help me in the big picture.

I do have a call into the RC (A4368235), but the engineer's first
suggestion was to see if there is some setting in the modem that is
causing the hang up.  I'll continue working there, but need to solicit a
larger help base.

If someone is responding to this, can they copy:

as well as HP3000-L.

This is Rick Little, our Systems Manager.  I am out tomorrow, but will
read any responses on Wednesday.

Thanks again for all the help out there.  (my flavor of TIA).

/alan

Alan "Spooler over dial modems R definitly not ME" Ambers