HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 1

Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 12:07:37 GMT
I'm an inexperienced MPEix programmer who needs to FTP a file from an HP to a
BACSBOX. The file name is not known until run time when it takes the form
RAddmmXX where ddmm is the day and month. Everything is fine in the HP under
MPE where the file is created correctly, can be referred to as !RAFILE and
written to as required.
However, once I run FTP in my job stream it cannot recognise the file as
!RAFILE.

How do I pass the name of the file to FTP at run time?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received either posted to the newsgroup or
by email to [log in to unmask] or at my compuserve address

Thanks in advance.

Michael Duignan