HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 1

Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 12:12:57 PST
Did you try doing a 'listf -2' on the dataset(s) in question to see if
perhaps some 'ACDs' were accidentally defined for the files as a result of
copying them?.

My .02 $

Regards

Paul Christidis

Subject: Re: FOPEN Failures
Author:  Backuj <[log in to unmask]> at CCGATE
Date:    11/1/1996 10:32 AM

Tim,

     I'm not really concerned about releasing the database.  I can do
that
easy enough.  My question is "Without releasing the database, why
does it
work most of the time but not all the time?"  And is there any way to

determine why it stops working so I can work around it.  Perhaps the
answer
is to simple release the databases and see if the problem goes away
complete...

Thanx,
    Jon Backus
    AB&C Group