HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 1

From:
Rick Ehrhart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick Ehrhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 19:51:41 GMT
Mike Liening ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: Hi all,
: Got to work this morning and was told there was a disc problem over the
: weekend with disc io error messages being displayed.
: When bringing up the system, ldev 3 (the third of three drives) says it
: wasn't mounted.
: Volutil shows all three drives, MEMBER1, MEMBER2 and MEMBER3 when I do a
: SHOWSET MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET VOLUMES
: SYSGEN shows the three drives
: DSTAT only shows the first two drives.

: Does it sould like I have a physically bad drive?  Or is there something I
: can do to mount the drive? Recover the data?  Or am I stuck with a
: reload...
: Thanks,
: -Mike-

SYSGEN's configuration is from an internal file.  Volutil's configuration is
from the Volume Set Information Table (VSIT) located on the set's master.
I believe that DSTAT actually makes a driver call;  therefore, the disc
controller is not responding.  First, check cables and power.  Make sure
the the correct cables are plugged together.  Find an IOMAP program.  Is
there one on-line or do you have to be in boot mode?  And finally, you
could have a bad drive.

- Rick