HP3000-L Archives

October 1996, Week 4

From:
Stuart Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stuart Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 16:00:22 PDT
       I apologize for the plug but I thought many people on the list would
     be interested in this new improvement.

     <plug> Attention all NBSPOOL users. A new version (9.7) of NBSpool
     will be available soon. There are some major performance enhancements
     including :

     9.7 up 0  Added SPOOLER Command

     Using this SPOOLER logic can increase the maximum number of NBSpool
     processes running while reducing the overhead of your NBSpool
     background job. Prior to version 9.7, the NBSpool background process
     would wake up at the time interval specified in the XEQ command file
     and scan the entire spooler to find spool files that matched criteria
     in the MOVE command. If there were a lot of spool files, this could
     take a lot of time and overhead.

     Version 9.7 has been modified so that you can specify the device or
     device class on which to wake up waiting spooler processes instead of
     scanning the entire system. When a spool file becomes ready on a
     specified device,  procedure exits automatically trigger NBSpool to
     perform the set of commands in the XEQ command file.

     Other customer requested enhancements and bug fixes will also be
     included in this release, contact Quest's tech support department for
     more info @ 714-720-1434 or [log in to unmask]

     Stuart Smith
     Quest Software
     "These are my words and nobody else's"