HP3000-L Archives

October 1996, Week 4

From:
Michael I Yawn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael I Yawn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 16:20:53 GMT
Michael  J. Lorengo ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: I have a COBOL program that creates a son process using the
: CreateProcess Intrinsic.  The CreateProcess intrinsic allows me to
: specify the XL string that is to be used with the newly created
: process.  What I would like to do is pass the XL string that the
: parent process was called with:

: RUN MONITOR.PROGRAM.PROD;XL="XLV250.XL.PROD"

: What I want to be able to do is get the XLV250.XL.PROD string inside
: the MONITOR program and pass it to the son process in the
: CreateProcess intrinsic.

The HPFIRSTLIBRARY Intrinsic will return the name of the first
XL in the binding sequence, which will work in the above case.
If the user specified more than one, this will only get you
the first one, and I'm not aware of a method to get any
additional library names.

If you know that there will never be more than one library
specified, this is all you need.

Mike Yawn
Hewlett-Packard                      email       [log in to unmask]
Commercial Systems Division          Voice         (408) 447-4367
19447 Pruneridge Ave M/S 47UA        Fax           (408) 447-4441
Cupertino, CA  95014