HP3000-L Archives

October 1996, Week 4

From:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 12:48:31 -0700
James (not liking this) Trudeau writes:

>Howdy,
>
>Two issues:
>
>Ok, we gotta go to Unix.  First choice -- HP 9000.  Very attractive
>offer from DEC.  Hmmm....HP (response center, field engineers, etc)
>are a known entity.  Don't know a lick about DEC.  Any experiances
>with DEC would be greatly appreciated.  As I subscribe to the digest
>and the decision is due Thursday, 10-24-96 a direct e-mail or phone
>call would be frosting on the information.
>
>Second issue:
>
>I have received some private mail asking to keep posting to this list
>as we transition from the 3k to Unix.  I am willing to do it however,
>what does everyone else think.  I really don't care to waste your
>time like I am now.

I would like to see periodic synopsis of how it goes. And not just to hear
about the 'dirt', but to hear some positive things as well. Actual stories
from the trenches are very helpful. It never is as good or as bad as
the rumor mill tends to suggest.

A little reality is a good thing (somewhat dangerous, but good)...

Duane Percox ([log in to unmask]  v/415.306.1608 f/415.365.2706)
http://www.qss.com/          http://www.qss.com/qwebs
http://www.qss.com/faq3k     http://www.qss.com/qsdk