HP3000-L Archives

October 1996, Week 4

From:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 08:07:31 -0500
On 10/22/96 2:48 AM, Fernando Olmos, INTERNET:[log in to unmask],
writes:
>Hi,
>
>I tried to compile a program using the following STREAM job....
>
>!JOB TSS9130T,$USER.$ACCOUNT,$GROUP
>!FILE COPYLIB=TSSLIB
>!COB85XL TSS9130S,TSS9130U
>!EOJ

/SNIP

>According to the "book" the error 7204 means that "...the object file,
>COBOBJ, is too small or there was some kind of error writing to it...".
>
>Can anyone allaborate on this error message please? Would I have to create
>COBOBJ with enough disk space or does it simply mean I don't have any more
>disc space even though issuing the MPE REPORT command I get the following,
>which means "unlimited" disk space - or am I wrong?

Chances are your object file is too small (the default is 1023 records).I
believe you could work around the problem by using the following compile
command, enclosing the object file name and characteristics in quotes:

COB85XL TSS9130S,"TSS9130U;DISC=10000"

If this doesn't work, simply copy the COB85XL.PUB.SYS command file and
change the following indicated line:

      if "!obj" <> "" then
         setvar _cob_parm _cobparm+$04
         file cobobj=!obj;DISC=10000