HP3000-L Archives

October 1996, Week 4

From:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 08:46:33 +0200
Jeff

I sympathize with your frustration. Even more annoying is the lack of
front panel support for configuring the multi-tray output option on the
new Laser Si's.

We always configure (in NMMGR) the lasers attached to our HP3000's to
have an printer type file associated.
In this file (created and maintained by ttutil) we embed the escape
sequences necessary to flip the laser into whatever default mode we
need.
This is especially important since more and more PC's are using the same
laserjet printers on the LAN, and we cant rely on a "fixed" setup.

If we temporarily need to override the HP3000 default setup for a
printer, we use other preconfigured ttutil files and attach them to the
spool files with the ;env= option on the file statement.

I sometimes think that about 60% of the message sent to a printer is
control information, and onlt 40% actual content. Bandwidth, Bandwidth,
Bandwidth :{

Neil

Neil Harvey
+27 21 221907