HP3000-L Archives

October 1996, Week 4

Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 12:54:23 -0500
Re: (18 lines)
[snip]

> Besides, when did HP ever stopped differentiating their product in the
> market place?  Perhaps features such as this are considered 'obsolete' until
> the UNIX world 'discovers'/'wants' them...?
[snip]
> /jf

Actually, I'd say that the Unix near-equivalent is running the "same" code
from different filenames - with different behavior depending on the name.
cp mv and rm are like this (or at least was that last time I looked into it)
they are the came code, run from different name. This "magic" is performed by
the program looking at the command line that invoked it. This is much more
like entry points and much easier to use, in my experience.

Richard (email:[log in to unmask])