HP3000-L Archives

October 1996, Week 4

From:
Dennis Handly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis Handly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 11:27:55 GMT
Stan Sieler ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: > In an attempt to convert an old spl program to Pascal, I came across a
: > need(ok a want!) for an alternate entry point;

: SPLash! (definitely) and COBOL/iX (probably) have alternate entry points.

No, COBOLII/iX only supports entry points for subprograms.
I never got around to doing it for the outer block.

: Personally, I favor lobbying HP to enhance Pascal/iX to support
: entrypoints...but I doubt it will ever happen.

Right.  I've said many times for these SRs that program secondary entry
points are "an obsolete user interface technology".  The new method is like
HP-UX and POSIX, using INFO and PARM.