HP3000-L Archives

October 1996, Week 4

From:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 09:21:37 -0700
Walter Murray writes:

>Duane Percox ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>: So HP - I challenge you to listen to your customers needs regarding
>: languages for MPE/iX, and then act - in your customer's best interest,
>: not HP's bottom line.
>
>Specifically with regard to support for multiple entry points for
>COBOL II/iX main programs, this was one of the highest-ranked
>enhancements requested by SIGCOBOL.  It is planned for the next
>release of the product.  The Service Request is D500185595.

Thanks for the update. I think this was announced at IPROF'96 as one of
a set of enhancements that would be released by the end of this calendar
year. I appreciate the work done to make the announced enhancements, but
it was apparent from that meeting and from HP World that there are no
plans for other enhancements to the Cobol II/iX compiler.

From what I have been hearing since IPROF I am concerned with the future
and what it holds for core language enhancement on MPE/iX.

Duane Percox ([log in to unmask]  v/415.306.1608 f/415.365.2706)
http://www.qss.com/          http://www.qss.com/qwebs
http://www.qss.com/faq3k     http://www.qss.com/qsdk