HP3000-L Archives

October 1996, Week 3

From:
Rich Holloway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 18 Oct 1996 08:13:20 PDT487_- Neil comments in response to Lee's performance numbers with DLT:

>Lee observed......

[and I trimmed]

>>For anyone who's interested in using DLT on the HP3000:
>>
>>In the latter case, we set up our full system backup one
>>evening to use the DLTs in parallel, and the backup took
>>4.75 hours and consumed 2 DLT cartridges .... Our current
>>backup ... takes approximately 8 hours ...
> [...]47_18Oct199608:13:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 08:21:31 -0700
Curt,

One reason for leaving could be a company is purchased by a larger company who's
primary system(s) are something else.

Another reason could be the purchase of a product from a vendor that is designed
to run on another system.

It looks like we will be staying on the HP3000 for awhile, but in today's world,
how knows?

Rich