HP3000-L Archives

October 1996, Week 3

From:
John Joerger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Joerger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 09:11:55 -0700
On Thu, 17 Oct 1996 [log in to unmask] wrote:
> Not sure how to title this, however here goes!
>
> We have just received 5.5 pull. I was expecting 2 sets - 1 for our dev
> (917) and the other for our Prod. System (987), but only the 987
> arrived. I figured I would just go ahead and load the tapes on our 917
> anyway, however on the Shipment Content List, Image/SQL is described as:-
>
> B3525A IMAGE/SQL FOR S957 & HIGHER
>
> Can anyone tell me what this means (apart from the obious) and if there
> is any reason it could not be loaded on the 917.

This will not directly answer your question (i'm not sure of the
correct answer) but, if you are signed up for CD distribution,
then the keyword to read the CD is tied to your SUSAN #.  Since no
two machines have the same SUSAN #, you will need 2 unique
keywords to complete both updates from CD.

Again, I'm not sure this applies.  Just a heads up.

Regards,

John Joerger                    Press-Telegram (Long Beach)
[log in to unmask]             http://www.ptconnect.com