HP3000-L Archives

October 1996, Week 3

From:
Randy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 16:09:22 -0400
Hi all!  I'm testing 5.5 online configuration, and I'm running into
some problems.  I have successfully configured, deleted, and added
a few network printers, prior to this.  However, something seems
to have gone wrong.

In IOCONFIG, here's the error I get:

>ioconfig:dd 9
>This function is not supported on this version. (IOCONFIG 33)
>Device in question is ldev 9. (IOCONFIG 7)
>ioconfig:

Really???  Then, as I exit, apparently it figures that I've made
changes, so it tries to keep my changes:

>ioconfig:exit
>        keeping to group BOOTUP.SYS
>        Purge old configuration (yes/no)?Automatic yes
>        **error** can't purge configuration file MISCP.BOOTUP.SYS
>         SECURITY VIOLATION  (FSERR 93)
>

>+-F-I-L-E---I-N-F-O-R-M-A-T-I-O-N---D-I-S-P-L-A-Y+
>!  FILE NAME IS MISCP.BOOTUP.SYS                 !
>!  FOPTIONS: SYS,BINARY,FORMAL,F,NOCCTL,DEQ      !
>!            NOLABEL                             !
>!  AOPTIONS: INPUT,NOMR,NOLOCK,DEF,BUF,NOMULTI   !
>!            WAIT,NOCOPY                         !
<snip>

Here's a listf,4 on that file:

>FILE: MISCP.BOOTUP.SYS
>
>ACCOUNT ------  READ : ANY
>               WRITE : AC
>              APPEND : AC
>                LOCK : ANY
>             EXECUTE : ANY
>
>GROUP --------  READ : ANY
>               WRITE : AL, GU
>              APPEND : AL, GU
>                LOCK : ANY
>             EXECUTE : ANY
>                SAVE : AL, GU
>
>FILE ---------  READ : ANY                FCODE: 0
>               WRITE : ANY              **SECURITY IS ON ,PROTECTED
>              APPEND : ANY                NO ACDS
>                LOCK : ANY
>             EXECUTE : ANY
>
>FOR MANAGER.SYS: READ, EXECUTE, LOCK

I don't recall ever directly working with that file.  And I get
similar problems with SYSGEN.  Any ideas?

TIA,

Randy Smith