HP3000-L Archives

October 1996, Week 3

From:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 10:12:00 PDT
I can't say much about prices.  I do remember there was a market crash
once in the late 60's or 70's on memory.  I was told this by a elderly
salesman who told me he was working for a company that made 'core' memory
(do any of you remember core?)  This memory was made with 3 wires being
passed through a ferro-magnetic ring.  His company was about to make a
"new" breakthrough in the miniaturization of this stuff ... and then the
"memory chip" was born...."go figure" what happened to his company.

The name of this salesman was "Jim Burger" in Southern California.  I'm
looking for his phone number if you're interested.