HP3000-L Archives

September 1996, Week 5

From:
Alan AMBERS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan AMBERS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 13:47:00 -0400
C7449676.txt (31 lines)
hp3000-l readers....

As we move more and more into Internet access for the general public, we
are going to take a serious look at the Speedware Autobahn product.

1) I am wondering who out there is using it and if they are close enough
to us (we are near Washington DC) if they would let us come and see it in
action.  Also of course, I would welcome comments from anyone.

2) I understand that Autobahn requires DCE (Distributed Computing
Environment) on both the HP9000 and HP3000.  I understand that the HP9000
part is not hard to get (no idea of cost), I have no idea on where to
start on the HP3000 (except HP of course).  But I find this forum much
more knowledgable than HP about HP products.

3) A general question about DCE.  Is it another application that sits on
top of a TCP/IP stack like telnet, ftp, http, etc.  Are there any good DCE
tutorials on the Web?

Many thanks in advance.

/alan
Alan Ambers