HP3000-L Archives

September 1996, Week 5

From:
"Michael W. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael W. Ellis
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 14:47:51 -0500
The company that I work for uses an HP3000 (System 68?) running MPE-V
for manufacturing database and financial applications.  The system has
not been under software support for some time now.  Our current OS
revision is release G.1P.00.  We have recently added the HP to our LAN,
and we have run into a problem.  Our version of the OS supports VT
(incoming virtual terminal) but does not support VTA (incoming stream
mode virtual terminal) services.  Because of a shift to Windows 95 on
our PCs, we now need VTA service on the HP.  The information that I have
indicates that the following will work:

Release Patch
  23    NS patch NSANT7 or later
  2P    NS patch NSANT7 or later
  30    No patch needed

After all of this intro information, my question:
How do I obtain one of the above combinations of OS release and/or
patch?  Any information on this subject will be greatly appreciated.

Michael W. Ellis