HP3000-L Archives

September 1996, Week 2

From:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 13:45:09 -0500
> Glenn comments:
>
> >   Replacing Frankenberg as chairman is former Hewlett-Packard CEO John
> >   Young, who sits on Novell's board. He will move to Novell headquarters
> >   in Provo, Utah, from his California home.
> >
> >So what's the plan -- cycle through former HP execs?
> >

> Maybe hey are bringing in all the legacy execs to help out with their
> legacy NOS.
>
> Duane Percox ([log in to unmask]  v/415.306.1608 f/415.365.2706)

Best comment I heard was along the lines of "If Frankenberg couldn't fix it,
other HP execs won't do any better!" I temd to agree with the notion that the
only thing that might save Novell is to be bought by a company like Netscape,
or possibly CA. It's a wonder that a company with a successful product, one
that still has Microsoft beat on Enterprise features, nonetheless is losing
it's way. Of course, they responded to The Internet even more slowly than HP.
(BYW We are a Netware 4.1 shop [in addition to MPE/iX and HP-UX], but we smell
NT coming.)

Richard (email: [log in to unmask])