HP3000-L Archives

September 1996, Week 2

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 10:08:51 -0700
Evan pings:
> Is 3000-L broken?  I haven't received any mail from the list since >
Friday, 9/6.

This was the first message I have seen since Friday or Saturday.  We
were off the net for 24 hours over the weekend due to a screw up by our
ISP, so I've been half assuming that the problem was here, or that UTCVM
decided to stop talking to us since we were down for so long.  But
Monday I was unable to resolve the IP address (nslookup) to
UTCVM.UTC.EDU, either from here or from a shell account at a different
ISP, so I assume that UTC has been having problems too of some kind.  I
was later able to communicate with the listserve itself and it seemed
happy enough.  I sent an email to Jeff which went ok, but I haven't
gotten a response.  Looking at the traffic on comp.sys.hp.mpe I think I
can safely say that HP3000-L has been completely down (until now?) since
sometime over the weekend.

G.