HP3000-L Archives

September 1996, Week 2

From:
Bob Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 14:41:38 -0400
Harry Sterling, as quoted by Ron Seybold, sez:

"My biggest concern is not wanting MPE users to be locked out of future
operating system enhancements," Sterling said. "As soon as we roll the OS
to take advantage of 64 bits, it would require you to either stay on the
last 32-bit release forever, or purchase a new hardware upgrade."

Wouldn't this be a problem for the Unix camp as well, generating the same
concern?  Or is the 3000 base just too small?

-Bob