HP3000-L Archives

August 1996, Week 4

From:
Mark Engels <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Engels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 15:47:52 -0700
Hello to all you MPE subject matter experts!

I hope you can help me.  I have been asked whether MPE/iX v.4.0 will accomodate
TCP/IP
via some patch, application, or third-party package.

We are converting from an MPE/ix on HP 3000 environment to HP-UX on a HP 9000
environment, and need to perform bulk data transfer from one box to another.
We wish to
do this using FTP, but both boxes must support TCP/IP for that to happen.

I believe MPE/iX v.5.X is fully POSIX compliant and comes with a TCP/IP stack
(please
correct me if I am mistaken).  Due to the HP 3000's days being numbered here,
we do not
want to take that route simply for the execution of the data transfer.

We have also looked at cobbling together some NFS solution, but our Netware
guys said
that route would be painful.

If you have an idea that may help us, we would be greatly appreciative!  I
myself am new
to the HP 3000/MPE biz, and would consider it a great personal favor if I could
hear
from the experts themselves!

HAVE A GREAT DAY !! :)
* Mark Engels, Systems Engineer                *
*                                              *
* Electronic Data Systems Corp.                *
* Mfg. Applications Support                    *
* St. Jude Medical Inc., Mech. Valve Div.      *
* St. Paul, Minnesota  USA                     *
* Email to [log in to unmask] *
* The opinions presented are mine and do not   *
* necessarily reflect the views of EDS Corp.   *