HP3000-L Archives

August 1996, Week 4

From:
Ron Tilby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Tilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 16:42:07 -0600
I'm trying to use ODBC to read from an Image/SQL DB using MS ACCESS
2.0.
I'm on MPE/iX 5.0 w/powerpatch 5.
I'm using Reflection 3000 Connection version 5.1
I've setup my DBE, done a START ODBCVIEW.PUB.SYS and
IAGRANT.PPC.SYS.
I've done ANSTART ARPA and verified that the listener job is running.
I've also installed and set up the ODBC PC API (A.G1.05) on my PC.

I fire up MS ACCESS, Select NEW Database, ATTACH DATA SOURCE,
choose my data source, enter my user id info, select SOCKETS for
Data Communications Interface and click OK.

Then I get:
[Microsoft][ODBC DLL] Driver's SQLSetConnectOption failed (#0)
Driver not capable(#0) PC Sockets error: 116. (PCSockets !1) (#20362)

I know the connection attempt is getting through to the HP because
HPDAARLG.PUB.SYS (ARPA Listener Log file) shows:
4:24 PM: logon to parse: MGR.FINTST,CM
4:24 PM: Logon = ,MGR.FINTST,CM
4:24 PM: Logon valid
4:24 PM: PC hello msg processing done.

I'm stumped.  Where do I go from here?  Is there a manual with PC
Sockets error descriptions and resolutions?
(please e-mail responses -- my List Subscription is set to Digest Mode)
Thanks,
Ron Tilby - Raytheon Aircraft, Montek