HP3000-L Archives

August 1996, Week 4

From:
"(Rick Clark)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 21:04:46 -0400
In a message dated 96-08-21 08:46:41 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Steve Patterson)
writes:

<< I've been looking at remote node access to our Novell LAN and have
 encountered *many* products that will provide reasonable access from home.
 Remote control doesn't seem like the way to go.  I would appreciate any
 information on  what type of remote node solutions are being used out there?
  My key guidelines are performance, ISDN capability (6 - 12 months away),
 security, and ease of use/administration.  Initially hoping to allow two
 concurrent connections, eventually as many as four (or more).  Running
 Netware 3.11 (patched almost to 3.12), have USR 28.8 modems.  I've dabbled
 with PCAnywhere, but the performance was unacceptable. >>

Do you wish to use your present modems?
If not, I recommend Shiva products. They have both dial up and ISDN options.
Are these modems on the host or remote sites?

Rick Clark
P/A for WWR