HP3000-L Archives

August 1996, Week 4

From:
Matt Knowles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Knowles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 18:29:56 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Vogel Jake
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Question: Anyone out there using HP3000, Cisco routers and Frame Relay?
>   I have some questions concerning performance over the frame relay
> network.  (Particular interest is to Europe from the US).  Thanks for any
> input!!!
> A phone number for a one-on-one conversation would be greatly
> appreciated.  (Keep in mind, my networking knowledge is minimal).

I telecompute from San Jose to Seattle over a 56k frame relay, using a
Cisco routers at both ends. Our company is based on exploiting this
technology and other than running in to problems when phone companies
accidently cut some phone wires, it is an economical, and reliable way to
go. For HP access, I can't really tell the difference between being on 56k
frame relay, and being directly on the network via ethernet. There is a
small difference but not enough to affect the amount of work you get done
or your impression of the system.

Let me know if there are any specifics you would like to know.

Matt Knowles