HP3000-L Archives

August 1996, Week 4

From:
"Mark E. Fabian" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark E. Fabian
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 15:59:41 +0500
Stan Thiemann wrote:

> Anyone using a US Robotics Sportster modem with the  HP3000?  We're
> trying to upgrade from slower modems, but we've been unable to
> configure the USR so it'll work with Telamon software.  If you have
> experience or advice, please let me know:
>
> Stan Thiemann

Stan,

We have clients using USR Sportster modems at several sites. The biggest
trick is that the USR modems have to be configured first. To do this you
must connect to a dumb terminal or PC and using a communications program
issue a set of esc sequences as found in the modem manual. If you need
detailed configuration settings, please e-mail and I'll get the details
for you from one of my clients.

FWIW, The USR modems work VERY well!

Regards,

EFE Quebec
A Quebecois HP Remarketed Equipment Broker.

Mark E. Fabian