HP3000-L Archives

August 1996, Week 3

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
HP-3000 Systems Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Rudderow, Evan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 1996 13:04:00 EDT
Hi all,

You know, it seems a week never goes by without someone posting to the list
asking, "How do I get such-and-such modem to work with my HP3000?" -- or
some variation.

Now, it seems to me that this presents an opportunity to some people, for
example the 3000 NewsWire or Interact could publish a monthly column
dedicated to this topic -- sort a "Modem of the Month" article.  Or someone
could peruse the 3000-L archives and the FAQ and write an all-encompassing
article (which would probably be sufficiently lengthy to file an entire,
thick, single-topic issue of Interact).

Or how about this: someone could simply write a book on this topic and have
it published by O'Reilly & Associates.  And since O'Reilly books always have
such cool cover art, then perhaps Allegro Consultants would contribute the
cover art: Mr. Sportster meets Mr. Sledgehammer.

In any event, my heart goes out to all my peers who ever have, or ever will,
struggle with modems on any computer.

Regards.

 -- Evan