HP3000-L Archives

August 1996, Week 2

From:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 1996 22:59:03 -0400
        SIMPKINS, Terry[SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:

I can't answer from the perspective of a consultant, but I can speak as an
ISIT Director whose parent company has chose to sign a global "outsourcing"
deal with a very large and well known player
(some of you may guess who, but it could be a "career limiting move" for me
to name them).

They have spouted some of this fertilizer to our global management.  Luckily
for my operatiing division, my divisional management has a VERY skeptical
attitude to proposals that promise to
 - solve every problem you have (or might have in the future)
 - reduce your operating costs by at least 30%
 - be implemented in less than a year with no business interuption

>> Looks like airline magazines might be a good place
   for some of those advertising dollars talked about
   by HP at HPEORLD.

Nick Demos [log in to unmask]