HP3000-L Archives

August 1996, Week 2

From:
Ed Caruso <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ed Caruso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 1996 12:37:59 -0700
I have written a small COBOL program which retrieves the Stream Job related
information and uses that data to set MPE/ix variables.

information include:

Info on Stream job....  1) job number
                        2) spool DFID for job's $STDLIST

info on STREAMER  (job/session that launched the stream job)
each of the following go into their own MPE/ix variables.

    1) job number
    2) job name
    3) job username
    4) job acctname
    5) job ldev
    6) job type  (S/J)

---- Additional variables set -----

I concatenate a few things to form

a) jobname,username.acctname
b) full jobnumber ->  jobtypejobnumber  such as S123  or J456

once this info is loaded into MPE/ix variables, the info can be utilized by the
remainder of you stream job.  The STREAMER info is non-applicable when
dealing with the job which is runnig at a terminal but...that makes sense.

in early 4.0 release it seemed that item 6 (job type) was not supported so I
made a small assumption.  By Default ldev 10 is considered to be the streams
device.  So I would check the streamer ldev against the streams device and
if they matched, then the streaming task was a JOB else it was a SESSION.
To be flexible I added support for INFO= where you can include you actual
streams device if 10 is not what you use.

If there is any interest in this program just contact me.

Edward A. Caruso

The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily match those of any
other individual or orgainzation

"There can be Only One !!" --- Conner Mcleod "The Highlander"

voice: 415-306-1620  fax: 415-365-2706
email: (work) [log in to unmask] (home) [log in to unmask]