HP3000-L Archives

August 1996, Week 2

From:
"Leonard S. Berkowitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]>

Glenn & Allen,

there have been many problems with the DTS (i,e, DTC host
software) subsystem on MPE/iX 5.0, and most of them are
fixed today.
Contact your RC for the most recent patch DTSED90, or get
yourself a copy from

http://support.mayfield.hp.com/patches/html/ptc_mpeix.html

if you have WWW Internet access capabilities. [...]40_9Aug199613:04:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 10:41:56 -0400
We have been able to print to network printers with Jetdirect cards
using Spoolmate or Espul.  If landscape is your goal and you cannot set
the printer to default to landscape or cannot be sure that it will not
change once set, you will need to use environment files.  These can be
ones supplies with the Formation (Unison) or Espul (RAC) products.

Both of these products come with an array of environment files for landscape and
portrait, 1up, 2up and 4up.  Printing gets a little sticky if the output is
wider that 132 bytes.  Formation does supply a file that is advertised to go as
far as 287 bytes (magnifying glass not included).  Presently, Espul's maximum is
132 :-(

From previous discussions on this topic, I know that there are other spooling
products that seem to do this sort of stuff, but I'll leave that to other people
to report.

Call me if you want to discuss this further.

Leonard Berkowitz
RIA Group (Warren, Gorham & Lamont)
617-292-8349