HP3000-L Archives

August 1996, Week 2

From:
John Korb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Korb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 17:24:07 -0400
On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Jeff Vance wrote:

> Hi All

> made some fairly simple extensions to FLABELINFO and the FINFO CI
> function:
>
> FLABELINFO will accept two new items:
> o  #56 returns the integer number of sectors a file occupies.
> o  #57 returns the integer time when the file was created.
>
> FINFO will accept the same item numbers and the following mnemonics
> o  #56 or "SECTORS" or "NUM SECTORS"  (rtns integer)
> o  #57 or "CREATETIME" or "FMTCREATETIME" or "CREATION TIME"  (rtns string)
> o  #-57 or "INTCREATETIME" or "CREATION TIME INTEGER"  (rtns integer)
>
> The **plan** is to make these enhancements available soon by piggybacking
> on the LISTF,access patch.  I believe this patch will be for 5.0 and
> 5.5 systems and ready in late '96.  Of course things may change...
>
> Jeff Vance, CSY
>
> p.s. FFILEINFO was not enhanced because the effort would be greater than I
> could afford for a simple enhancement.  If this is critical to you then please
> let SIGMPE know.  sorry... jv
>
> --

THANKS!  Your enhancement will come in very handy.  FFILEINFO would be
nice, but FLABELINFO is good enough.  I'll be looking forward to those
patches.

Thanks again,
John
John Korb                            email: [log in to unmask]
Innovative Software Solutions, Inc.

The thoughts, comments, and opinions expressed herein are mine
and do not reflect those of my employer(s), or anyone else.