HP3000-L Archives

August 1996, Week 2

From:
Larry Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 08:22:22 -0600
On  6 Aug 96 at 17:57, Stan Sieler wrote:

I wrote:
> > getting big like mine and Birket's!), and I think Ron
> > (was you on the roof with the camera?).
>
> I was on the roof of the U-Haul (taking pictures) most of the day,
> but managed to escape
> for a few minutes, and talked John Diercks (sp?) into doing my
So it must have been John I saw.

> You can, however, see me in the aerial photo...on the bottom center, below
> the edge of the poster is a small blur...that's the U-Haul  truck.
> I'm standing on top, waving. :)
Is this posted on the net somewhere?

> BTW, did you know that standing on an aluminum roof, while wearing
> shorts, is a great way to get sunburned?  Neither did I :(
Well, to put myself through college, I was a carpenter, in Austin.  One
of the houses I built was a big three story on Spicewood Springs (those
from Austin will know this road).  At that time, the tin (?) roofs
where just coming out and only the *real* expensive houses had them
(not counting pole barns).  Anyway, this house had the tin roofs, and
yes you can get sunburned *real* badly.

> > One question I have is, "How'd Wirt get that truck with New Mexico on
> > the side?"  Was this planned?  Did he have to special order this way
> > ahead? :)
>
> He rented it in New Mexico, stuffed it full of poster parts, and
> drove it to Anaheim!
Yes, but those trucks move all over.  If he took a 2nd out on his house
and rented it one-way, the NM truck would be in CA.  Down here in TX, I
only seen one TX truck and many more from Montana.  (BTW, it just
dawned on me that you might think I'm talking about license plates.
Actually, I'm talking about the picture on the side of the truck.)

*Still wished I could have joined in the fun!*

lb