HP3000-L Archives

August 1996, Week 2

From:
Gary Dietz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Dietz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 07:16:00 -0800
My DIRK (1.7) still works.  Try using the "CHANGE" command in the REFEREE
program (also part of the TECH account) to update the Operating System
version level in the DIRK program.  TECH account utilities tend to quit
working when you upgrade your OS unless you use REFEREE to bring them back
to life.

Gary Dietz

>>> WLSTORMS <[log in to unmask]> 08/12/96 01:09pm >>>
Since I update my HP3000 to 5.0, DIRK (Boeing Tech Acct tool) no longer
works, the message states

*** Operating system revisions level incompatibility
*** This program not checked out for new revlevel

Many of the other tools no longer work either.

So.. is the TECH account dead, and if so.. can anyone recommend another good
replacement for DIRK ...I am primarily looking for a file purger tool, and a
file size reporting tool.