HP3000-L Archives

August 1996, Week 2

From:
Kumar Rangan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kumar Rangan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 1996 20:39:19 GMT
[log in to unmask] wrote:
:[...]
:features of MPE/iX 5.5 , Kriss Rant told some of attendees that 80% of
:the resources available for email development is going to the OpenMail
:side ( it could be that one needs this much resources for the
:development / maintenace of a Unix program)
:[...]
Dunno about the 80%...but,
As one working for EMO - the 'OpenMail division', I can say that the resource
allocation is not coz its Un*x. Wish we had more resource - we do provide
the sw on platforms other than HP-UX....
As I understand it, OpenMail is 'HP's strategic enterprise messaging offering'.
So, it would be reasonable to expect the bulk of the messaging skilled resource
allocated to this product set...
--
Kumar Rangan, Technical Consultant               email: [log in to unmask]
HP Enterprise Messaging Operation                Tel #: +1 408 447 5594