HP3000-L Archives

August 1996, Week 1

From:
Mark Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 1996 10:00:11 PDT
John writes:

>I sure wish DSCOPY would allow HFS files though - it would make life much
>better and eliminate one more wall between MPE and POSIX.

Try this trick:

Use MOVER to create a truck of whatever you want to transfer. It will include
the HFS and will preserve file attributes. I then use GZIP to compress the truck
further and then do the transfer. (Note that the resulting gzipped file will end
up in the HFS, but simply :rename ./<file>.gz,MOVFILE and then DSCOPY it.)

Regards,

M.