HP3000-L Archives

August 1996, Week 1

From:
Michael L Gueterman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael L Gueterman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 07:53:51 -0700
Agreed, the HP3000 is certainly a workhorse and more
than favorably compares against many other systems.
With that said, I have worked in shops with one system
through twenty plus systems, and system failures of
one form or another were/are common place.  I might also
add that I've never worked in a "normal" (if there is such
a place) shop.  Every one had unique requirements that
needed a technical support staff (or person :)  to "get
business done".
  Let's see, I guess its been about a month now that I haven't
run across a bug that dropped a box (for doing legit things
I should add).  HP researched/developed/provided a patch for
the (non production) problem in less than two weeks I believe
so all is well.  As long as the OS is being enhanced, there will
be bugs to be found in it.  For my part, I'm glad to find one
in my testing since that means that its one that (should) never
be hit in production.

Regards,
Michael L Gueterman
Easy Does It Technologies