HP3000-L Archives

July 1996, Week 2

From:
Tracy DeDore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy DeDore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 1996 13:00:37 PDT
Hello All,

First I apologize for a delayed response to a posting dated June 26
re: Europe Management Roundtable Recap.  I have been out of the office
on business and personal travel for a few weeks and am still catching
up on the postings.

In the recap of the roundtable is an inaccurate statement about Glance
on MPE.   Glance is *NOT* in obsolescence and the discontinuance announcement
has *NOT* been made.  We published a "state of the product" message last
month indicating that future enhancements were not currently planned on the
MPE and PC-Based performance products from HP.  From our perspective, this
is very different than deciding to obsolete a product, although I can
understand how you may equate the two.  However, additional discussions
have continued within HP specific to Glance and GlancePlus on MPE and at
this time it appears that we may continue to invest in Glance for the
foreseeable future.  I cannot discuss timeframes or functionality at this
time, but I wanted to make it clear that Glance and GlancePlus have not
been discontinued nor are there plans to do so in the short term.

Regards,
Tracy DeDore
SST Product Manager