HP3000-L Archives

July 1996, Week 2

From:
John Korb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Korb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 11:39:14 -0400
I'm wondering how many people are running MPE/iX 5.0 and are tired of
receiving the message "NON-MPE FILE NAMES NOT SUPPORTED" (or something
similar) from their HP FOS software?  I don't know what is planned for
5.5, but I would hope that there is some project underway which has as
its goal making the FOS (EDITOR, FCOPY, DBUTIL, etc.) POSIX file name
friendly.

It would just be nice to enter either a valid MPE file name or a valid POSIX
file name and not get:
   1) something that confuses the response center engineer and that he
      can't explain, or
   2) an error message saying that only MPE names are
      supported.

Anyone else feel this way?

John