HP3000-L Archives

July 1996, Week 1

From:
Robert Ridder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Ridder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 1996 10:08:53 -0700
We have an HP 3000 running version 4 of MPE. This system
supports approximately 150 users accross our WAN on two LANs. On each
LAN we have multiple subnets. On various subnets there are users on PCs
who are accessing the HP3000 using a DTC for direct/hardwired terminal
connections or they are using telnet. Since there are limited DTC
connections available and a maximum of 32 concurrent telnet sessions
allowed and since so many users constantly complain that they can't get
a connection, we would prefer to use virtual terminal sessions. From
what I've been told though, MPE doesn't support a routable virtual
terminal session protocol, so we will have to bridge all of our subnets
for us to start using virtual terminals. This will negatively impact our
network in a big way, so I'm asking this newsgroup for help.

        Is there some way to accomplish setting up virtual terminal
sessions with a routable protocol to the HP3000 running version 4 of
MPE? We will be upgrading to version 5 of MPE in a few weeks, but I've
been told by our HP support people that there is no help there. If you
can help us out, contact me either directly or via this newsgroup.
Robert Ridder         [log in to unmask]
Computer and Network Operations Manager
Credence Systems Corporation